Additional Terms and Conditions for
Choice Funeral Plan Instalment Payments
1. These additional Terms and Conditions apply if you choose to pay for your Plan in instalments. They are incorporated into and subject to the binding contract between you and Alternative Planning Company Limited (APCL, we or us), comprising your Application Form, your Instalment Payment Form overleaf and the Terms and Conditions that are applicable to your Funeral Plan. All capitalised terms have the same meaning as in the Terms and Conditions applicable to your Plan.
2. On our acceptance of your Application Form you will be contractually bound to make payment of the Charges by way of instalment payments in accordance with Clauses 3 to 7 below.
3. You must make all the instalment payments by their due date by Direct Debit to the bank account nominated by us. We will notify you of the due dates of your instalment payments.
4. This is not an insurance policy and part payment of the Charges does not entitle a Plan to be carried out in full or in part. Entitlement under the Plan is only effective after the final instalment payment is made.
5. You can only make changes to your Plan after you have paid the final instalment of the Charges.
6a. If you die before paying the final instalment of the Charges, then we will pay the Plan Value to the appointed funeral director as a contribution towards the funeral.
6b. If you do not pay any instalment after 15 working days following the relevant due date then we will not collect any further payments. We will hold the Plan Value and pay it to the appointed funeral director as a contribution towards the funeral on your death or you can cancel your Plan in accordance with Clause 7 of the Terms and Conditions applicable to your Plan.
6c. If you choose to stop making payments before paying for your Plan in full, we will hold the Plan Value and pay it to the appointed funeral director as a contribution towards the funeral on your death or you can cancel your Plan in accordance with Clause 8 of the Terms and Conditions applicable to your Plan.
6d. You may settle all outstanding instalments before their due date. The amounts due will be the total value of the outstanding instalment payments owing at the date of such early payment.
6e. If any of Clauses 6a, 6b or 6c above applies, we will not pay any funeral costs not covered by the Plan Value. You or your personal representatives must pay any such shortfall in funeral costs.
7. Refunds and Right to Cancel
7a. You have the option within 30 days of signing the Purchase Agreement to cancel the Agreement by returning your copy together with your written notice that you wish to cancel. Your payment will be refunded in full. This does not affect any applicable statutory consumer rights.
7b. If you cancel your plan after this 30 day period has expired, we will refund your payment less our £250 management fee, plus 3 months instalment payments up to the value of a further £250. The total cancellation charge will not exceed £500.
7c. Should you die overseas and be repatriated to the UK APCL will carry out its obligations under the Plan. Should you not be repatriated the Plan will be cancelled.
8.1 Should there be any complaint regarding the quality of service or the items supplied in connection with the Plan, it should be referred in the first instance to the Funeral Director and a copy of the complaint should, at the same time, be forwarded to APCL.
8.2 If you should have a complaint about APCL you should contact APCL’s Managing Director at the following address:
46 The Terrace
Torquay TQ1 1DE
Tel: 01803 298 243
8.3 We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our written complaints procedure. We will always try to resolve your complaint straight away, but in the event that this is not possible, we will keep you informed throughout the investigation. You may request a copy of our complaints procedure by contacting the Choice office at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01803 298 243.
8.4 If we cannot resolve your complaint you may the refer it to the Funeral Planning Authority by calling 0845 601 9619. We are a Registered Provider of Funeral Plans and comply with the Rules and Code of Practice of the Authority. www.funeralplanningauthority.co.uk
9. Data Protection
9.1 We respect the confidential nature of the information given to us and we will use any personal data you provide to use to:
a) provide the Services;
b) process your payment for the Services; and
The Data Protection Compliance Officer
Stable Block, Hare Hatch Grange
Bath Road, Hare Hatch
Reading RG10 9SA